6/04/2009

Well, the verdict's in. I officially have ADHD - Combined type. Overall my attention is way worse that even I had anticipated. I guess I shouldn't be so surprised, but I have no baseline to compare to, I've always been this way. It was interesting to be shown a normal bell curve and have where I ranked, pointed out. of course there were many tests, and many areas where I was placed along the curve. I have a really wide range of scatter within my results. Unusual, but not out of the realm of possibility of a person with ADHD. However, the testing revealed not only the diagnosis of ADHD, but also a "mild learning disability." "while the effects of this learning disability were most evident in the area of mathemaics on this assesment, her performance in other areas could also be affected depending on the nature of the task. Her ADHD also plays a primary role, and is likely exacerbated by stress." Facinating!

I'm relived that I'll be learning strategies for the future, thanks to this assesment. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted, and that the future isn't so daunting anymore.

No comments: